Survey Field Technician (I-Man/Rod Man)
KPM Franklin is a rapidly growing, multi-disciplined professional services land planning, engineering, and surveying firm. Our surveying department is full-service offering boundary, ALTA/NSPS, topographic, wetland, tree, control surveys, right-of-way mapping, Platting, FDOT, and construction layout/builder services. We are seeking a full-time Field Technician (I-man/Rod-man) to join our Orlando, Florida or Kissimmee, Florida office. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. KPMFranklin is also an equal opportunity employer.
• Assist the Land Survey Crew Chief in completing the crew's assigned field survey projects.
• The position requires good basic math skills related to surveying, good verbal and written communication.
• Motivation to follow instructions completely and accurately while working in rough terrain and inclement weather.
• Accurately and efficiently clears line, establish points, tape, chain and level for field survey projects as assigned by Crew Chief.
• Keep crew's assigned vehicle clean, properly maintained, and stocked with the necessary equipment and supplies as instructed by the Crew Chief. Report any mechanical or safety related problems to the Crew Chief.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with other crew members to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of assigned projects
Qualifications and Education:
• HS diploma/GED required.
• Must have a Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record
• 1-3+ years of experience as an Instrument Operator and/or Rodman preferred
• FDOT experience is a plus.
• CST (Certified Survey Technician I-IV) accreditation is a plus
• Knowledge of GPS, Total Stations, and Data Collector equipment required
• Ability to work extended hours including and the ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Department at
Job Type: Full-time
KPM Franklin is an equal opportunity employer.