Survey Crew Chief
KPM Franklin is a rapidly growing, multi-disciplined professional services land planning, engineering, and surveying firm. Our surveying department is full-service offering boundary, ALTA/NSPS, topographic, wetland, tree, control surveys, right-of-way mapping, Platting, FDOT, and construction layout/builder services. We are seeking a full-time Crew Chief to join our Orlando, Florida or Kissimmee, Florida office. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. KPM Franklin is also an equal opportunity employer.
• Lead a survey crew to complete assigned field survey projects.
• Must be knowledgeable of the Standards of Practice set forth by the state of Florida according to statute 5j-17. This includes but not limited to boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control surveys, construction layout and staking, ALTA/NSPS surveys.
• Manage client and project team relationships and communication regarding project expectations, schedule, and budget.
• Perform functions including computations, reduction of field notes, and the like.
• Work in a team environment and on occasion also be willing to work independently.
• Perform QA/QC functions.
Qualifications and Education:
• HS diploma/GED required, AS or BS degree in land surveying or related field a plus.
• Must have a Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record
• 5-10+ years of experience working as Survey Crew Chief.
• FDOT experience is a plus and preferred.
• CST (Certified Survey Technician I-IV) accreditation is a plus
• Proficiency with GPS, Total Stations, and Data Collector equipment required
• AutoCAD experience a plus
• Must have good field note taking, managing a crew, running the equipment and training newer staff to familiarize and educate them on field surveying principles
• Ability to read and interpret survey maps, construction plans and utility plans.
• Ability to work extended hours including and the ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Department at
Job Type: Full-time
KPM Franklin is an equal opportunity employer.