Professional Surveyor/Project Manager
KPM Franklin is a rapidly growing, multi-disciplined professional services land planning, engineering, and surveying firm. Our surveying department is full-service offering boundary, ALTA/NSPS, topographic, wetland, tree, control surveys, right-of-way mapping, Platting, FDOT, and construction layout/builder services. We are seeking a full-time Survey CAD Technician to join our Orlando, Florida or Kissimmee, Florida office. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. KPMFranklin is also an equal opportunity employer.
• Processing field data, trouble shooting field data, performing deed and utility research, running traverse closures, reducing level notes, and finalize survey drawings.
• The position requires good basic math skills related to surveying.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Read and interpret survey maps, construction plans, and utility plans.
• Perform QA/QC checks on work performed.
• Prepare sketch and descriptions.
• Field Crew Calculations
• Compute, process, and map field data in an organized manner.
• Must be knowledgeable of the Standards of Practice set forth by the state of Florida according to statute 5j-17. This includes but not limited to boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control surveys, construction layout and staking, ALTA/NSPS surveys, and Plats.
• Manage client and project team relationships and communication regarding project expectations, schedule, and budget.
Qualifications and Education:
• HS diploma/GED diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in land surveying, GIS, engineering, or related field a plus.
• 2-5+ years’ experience working in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation;
• Florida residency and land surveying experience preferred;
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
• FDOT experience is a plus and preferred.
• CST (Certified Survey Technician I-IV) accreditation is a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Department at
Job Type: Full-time
KPM Franklin is an equal opportunity employer.