FDOT Right-of-Way Mapper
KPM Franklin is a rapidly growing, multi-disciplined professional services land planning, engineering, and surveying firm. Our surveying department is full-service offering boundary, ALTA/NSPS, topographic, wetland, tree, control surveys, right-of-way mapping, Platting, FDOT, and construction layout/builder services. We are seeking a full-time Survey CAD Technician to join our Orlando, Florida or Kissimmee, Florida office. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. KPMFranklin is also an equal opportunity employer.
• Performs the preparation of FDOT Right of Way Control Surveys and Right of Way Mapping projects.
• Assist in Managing FDOT projects.
• Performs QA/QC for FDOT Right of Way Control Surveys and Right of Way Mapping projects.
• Responsible for following FDOT policies and procedures, including compliance with CAD standards.
• Ensures that all surveying products and data, as well as, geometric accuracy and completeness according to the Standards of Practice Chapter 5J-17 Florida Administrative Code.
• Utilize Standards of Practice and/or FDOT checklist for product preparation.
• Project Research
• Prepare sketch and descriptions.
• Field Crew Calculations
• Assist in survey and mapping staff hour estimates.
• Attends meetings.
• Trains staff in right-of-way mapping procedures and CAD Standards
Qualifications and Education:
• HS diploma/GED diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in land surveying, GIS, engineering, or related field preferred.
• 2-5+ years’ experience working in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
• Florida residency and land surveying experience preferred.
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
• FDOT experience a must.
• CST (Certified Survey Technician I-IV) accreditation is a plus.
• FDOT right-of-way mapping a must.
• Proficient in Geopak, MicroStation SS4 and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Ability to review for QA/QC of Survey & Mapping products.
• Knowledge of latest technology related to UAVs, Mobile and Terrestrial LiDAR. (A Plus)
• Experience with LiDAR processing and/or extraction software. (A Plus)
• Knowledge of FDOT surveying/mapping procedures.
• CST certification (A Plus)
• PSM licensure (A Plus)
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Department at
Job Type: Full-time
KPM Franklin is an equal opportunity employer.